The Human has been trapped…
Deep down under, in an ancient dungeon maze, dwells the spiritual beings “The Angel” and “The Devil”.
They have possessed each of the Human’s eyes, making their host blind and must therefore rely on the directions from these beings.
The Angel and the Devil are devious and dishonest by nature and only strive for their own success.
They gain power by collecting their symbols and from collecting certain coins.
The Angel desires holy blue coins, and the Devil yearns for cursed red coins.
All coins, but not symbols, are an advantage for the human but not to the same extent as the beings.
Crystal traps hurts the Human, but makes it possible for the beings to steal precious power from each other.
The Human must balance the desires of the Angel and the Devil, resulting in both of the beings leaving its host upon exit.
The only means to escape is the one ladder leading out.
However, if the human fails and one of the beings is overpowered on escape, it will take full control over the body and freely roam the world outside its dungeon.
The cave holds dangers and traps of its own, so the three characters must cooperate for the body and its inhabitants not to die.
Sightless was a game created during Global Gamejam 2015. The theme was the question “What do we do now“. We also managed to use a couple of Diversifiers:
How to play Sightless:
- Sightless require three players, the Human, the Angel and the Devil. The person who plays the Human is blindfolded during the whole game.
- Players compete by collecting points. The game ends when the Human walks into the ladder. When this happens, the player with the most points wins the game.
- Points are gained by collecting coins. Blue holy coins give the Angel and the Human points, while the red holy coins give th Devil and the Human points. Yellow coins only give points to the human, while the Angel-symbol respectivly the Devil-symbol only give points to each being.
- If the Human dies, all players lose and there is no winner. The Human can take one damage, but dies if the Human is damaged during the time of bleeding and heartbeat sound.
- The Human is damaged by crystal traps and monsters.
- Crystal traps is used by the beings to steal points from each other. The Angel can use the blue trap to steal 3 points from The Devil, and red traps can be used by the Devil to steal 3 points from the Angel. The human only gets hurt by the traps.
Blue coin +5 The Angel +3 The Human
Red coin +5 The Devil +3 The Human
Yellow coin +3 The Human
Angel symbol +5 The Angel
Devil symbol +5 The Devil
Blue trap -3 The Devil +3 The Angel
Red trap -3 The Angel +3 The Devil
Elina Jansson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Erik MansÈn, email@example.com
Henrik Henriksson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesper Tingvall, email@example.com
and Nicklas Lindgren. firstname.lastname@example.org